Tuesday, October 15, 2013

Gifts and Talents














There are different kinds of gifts, but the same Spirit distributes them. There are different kinds of service, but the same Lord. There are different kinds of working, but in all of them and in everyone it is the same God at work.-1 Corinthians 12:4-6

I've been thinking about that verse a lot lately. God has given every single one of us a gift! Whether its musically, socially, artistically, athletically, academically ect. We are constantly comparing ourselves to other people's gifts and talents, but we need to look at our own. God made every single one of us different, but we are all part of the same body. Not everyone can be an eye, because then who would hear? (my little analogy) What I'm trying to say here is, we have all been given something and instead of comparing it to others, we should be using it to glorify God! 

I use to wonder what I was good at! I suck at practically anything music related. My athleticness has never been as good as my friends and peers, and I'll never be as smart as my brothers! What can I do? What has God given me?

Over these few weeks I've been observing what I'm good at. What are my passions? What do I absolutely love doing? I love being social, talking to people, and helping others. Writing is another huge thing! I love grabbing a blank piece of paper and giving it life. And what about fashion? Or crocheting? Couldn't those be considered "artistic'? Can't I use all of those to glorify God? Yes, I can,

Maybe I'm not as "cool" as certain people or wont be as noticed, but life isn't about that! I want to live a life serving God and others with what he has given me! Isn't that what He wants us to do? To serve Him, serve others, and make disciples? 

I want to encourage all of you and remind ya'll, we are all gifted! God made each and everyone one of us special. Maybe we don't feel like our talents are as good, but every part in the "body" is important. 

Keep Shining, Lizzy <3

3 comments:

  1. I absolutely love this outfit! Your style is so cute and modest!

    http://paigescorner99.blogspot.com/

    Paige

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the way you put you should use your talents to glorify God! I definitely think everyone should focus on who they really are and not try to be someone they're not. :) P.s i just love that scarf!
    -Katie <3

    ReplyDelete
  3. You really have understood what life´s all about. I really needed to read this, and I understand now that I have just been comparing myself to others, making myself feel terrible. But I will try to do as you, think about what my gifts are and focus on what I am good at, not what I am bad at. Thank you very much!
    Hugs from Norway :)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...